New Year's Eve Party,New Year's Eve Party Etiquette and New Year's Eve are probably going to be some of the hot trending topics if not already some of the hottest trending topics. It only made sense to re-blog this one by Trish Bush. Well written blog Trish. Thank you very much for sharing.
All of us love a great party. New Year's Eve is a time to celebrate new beginnings and chances are we'll be invited to an office party or a friend's home for a fun evening. Here are a few reminders to keep in mind so that we remain on the guest list for next year too!
1. Arrive on time. Showing up an hour late, visiting briefly and then leaving early will be noted by others - especially at an office party. Plan to support the event.
2. Avoid overconsuming alcohol. Drinking too much at an office party can actually impact our career negatively. Remember to limit drinks to just a couple and alternate drinks with water to avoid dehydration.
3. Practice good buffet manners. Avoid over-stuffing your plate, double-dipping, improper disposal of toothpicks and returning food to the buffet. Take small bites so if someone approaches you to talk, you don't have a huge mouth full. Leave one (clean) hand free to shake hands.
4. Be a good listener and don't dominate conversations. Spend about 5 minutes talking to each person rather than an hour with one person and steer away from deep discussions about business - this is a party after all! Be ready to steer the conversation away from complaining and onto more positive subjects. Use the opportunity to tell someone how you appreciate them.
5. When departing for the evening, take the time to find the host or those who coordinated the event and thank them for the nice evening out. They'll appreciate your expression of gratitude.Cheers to a fabulous 2011!Thank you for reading. . .New Year's Eve Party Etiquette.
Want to get a list of recent SOLD HOMES in your area of choice? Click on this link
Click on this link to download my KW Mobile App to search homes for sale on your mobile phone,IPAD or tablet http://app.kw.com/KW2GQDDCJ