France- Another country some of my International readers are from. Not sure if many of you remember but I wrote a blog earlier this month Want to say hello and thank you very much to my international readers. One way to show that I appreciate my International readers is to try and learn more about them. Know about their lifestyle. Know about their culture. Know about their country. Know about their languages. Anything to make me know about my International readers.
So today I am going to share some information on France.
- It is the largest nation in Western Europe,with countries like Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Andorra and Monaco sharing its boundary.
- There are approximately 6 million visitors annually, who come to set their sights on the Eiffel Tower.
- The Tour de France, the most famous bicycle race in the world is an annual bicycle race of the country in which cyclists cover over 2100 miles in 23 days.
- April Fool's Day is believed to have originated in France, in 1564, when the country started following the Gregorian Calendar. Those that did not know about the switch in the calendars, were mocked on this day as they continued to believe that 1st April was the first day of the French new year.
- The Statue of Liberty,one of the most widely recognized structures of US, was made in France. It was then gifted to the US in 1886 to celebrate its centennial. In fact, the face of the statue is believed to have been modeled on Eugene Boyer, the wife of Isaac Singer, the famous sewing machine manufacturer.
- While beer is considered a luxury drink saved for special occasions,wine is free with most meals.
- France has the highest wealth tax, than other country in Europe. This I actually found out this year. French president pledges to tax rich who make over $1.35 a year 75 percent
Want to get a list of recent SOLD HOMES in your area of choice? Click on this link
Click on this link to download my KW Mobile App to search homes for sale on your mobile phone,IPAD or tablet http://app.kw.com/KW2GQDDCJ