For the past month or so,I have been doing my Washington DC Weekend Guide. Well this week I want to do a Free Weekend Guide. That's right everything on this list is free. Everybody do not have money or feel like spending money every weekend. If anything we need to save more of our money. With gas price still high (Average gas price now a gallon $3.55-Still high to me ),money spent on buying school supplies/clothes/shoes for your kids and some of you had to spend money to get kick them out of the house (Joking of course)send them off to school.
So after you have done that,paid your $2,000 cell phone bill and other bills,here are some things that you can do for free over the weekend.
1. Write a blog- Now that you have the house to yourself,why don't you write that blog that you've always wanted to write but never got a chance to do it.
2. Write/Read a poem-Write down what you feel. Let your creative juices flow. Who knows you might just come up with another blog or get an idea for another blog just by writing a poem.
3. Pay a visit to your neighbors- Say hello to that neighbor you haven't seen or talked to in a while. Maybe invite them to your house for some coffee. You never know your neighbor might be going through something or need advice on something and by talking to you,you can help them with whatever it is that they need help with. And they can watch over your house in case you travel.
4.Volunteer-Give your time to someone who can use your help. I am talking to myself as well when I say that. Its always good to do something for someone and not expecting nothing back in return. You'll be surprised how your good deeds is going to pay off for you. You reap what you sow.
5. Learn a new topic- Go to MIT's OpenCourseWare. Find a topic that you are interested in and download a bunch of MP3's of lectures on the topic and listen to them whenever you are either doing your house chores.
6. Do some networking- Send some e-mails to some of your past clients,colleagues or friends and let them know what you are up to and what they are up to. You never know what this might lead to. They can refer you to a friend of theirs who they just spoke two a while ago but forgot that you are a real estate professional. You'll be surprised how people quickly forget things.
7.Rent some videos/DVD's- Rent movies at the library- Not Netflix or Blockbuster. Its free at the library.
8. Learn a foreign language-I know you are saying "Whatever". I said the same thing too. But someone on Yelp.com told me that there are ways that you can learn a foreign language for free. Search Craigslist. Also offer to teach someone how to speak English in exchange for someone teaching you how to speak a foreign language.many other free language learning opportunities.
9. Attend a religious service- I know that everybody is not a believer. But attending church can be a very good experience for someone who is not a believer.
10. Clip some coupons- Clipping coupons is like cutting out free money. Its doesn't cost you anything to do something that is going to help you save money when you make your next trip to the supermarket.
11.Attend a free concert/music event-Check your local newspaper or online to see who is having a free concert in or around your neighborhood. The concert can be a "Stop the Violence/Restore peace"concert or concert to raise money for charity.
12.Get some rest-It doesn't cost anything to get some rest. After working long hard hours,take a nap. Rest the mind,body and soul so that you are well rested for the upcoming week.
Hope I gave you some free suggestions. If you have any suggestions,please add to this list.
To receive your free list of "Houses for sale in Washington DC",please give me a call at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at (202) 378-0283(Direct) or (301) 560-6700 x1154(Office). I can also be reached online at www.buyandsellnewhomes.com and www.freelistofhomesforsale.com. Thank you very much. Looking forward to working with you and helping you make your home purchase or sale a stress free and very happy one. Have a great day. Lanre Folayan -Real Estate Professional with Exit Premier Realty. "Buy a home in Washington DC"
Want to get a list of recent SOLD HOMES in your area of choice? Click on this link
Click on this link to download my KW Mobile App to search homes for sale on your mobile phone,IPAD or tablet http://app.kw.com/KW2GQDDCJ